Below you will find info on the upcoming vegetable and small fruit protected ag field day that you may want to disseminate among your clientele. Sorry if I am duplicating someone in this mail. Merry Christmas to all and thanks.
| || |
· What? 2nd Vegetable and Small Fruit Protected Ag Field Day and IV Protected Ag Information Network (PAINet) Congress.
· Where? Gulf Coast Research and Education Center, IFAS, University of Florida. 14625 CR 672, Wimauma, FL 33579.
· When? March 12, 2013; 8 am to 4 pm; local and invited speakers (morning) and field tour (afternoon). Lunch provided.
o Conduct an educational session with international and local speakers showing their experiences on protected culture of vegetables and small fruit crops.
o Present the latest research efforts on protected culture of tomato, pepper, strawberry, blackberry and herbs.
· Subject areas (detailed program forthcoming):
o Structures, plastics and ventilation.
o Soil and soilless culture.
o Cultural practices and fertilization.
o Freeze protection and irrigation.
o Arthropod and disease management.
· Featured speakers (subject to confirmation).
o Eddie Mendoza, President, National Association of Greenhouse Growers (ANAPI, in Spanish), Guatemala.
o Milagros Fernandez, Head, Vegetable Research Program (IFAPA, in Spanish), Spain.
o Robert Hochmuth, Multi County Extension Agent, Suwannee Valley Agricultural Extension Center, IFAS, University of Florida.
o Henner Obregon, Director, Agropecuaria San Antonio, Nicaragua.
o Gary Vallad, Vegetable Plant Pathology, GCREC, IFAS, University of Florida.
o Hugh Smith, Vegetable Entomology, GCREC, IFAS, University of Florida.
o Bielinski M. Santos, Vegetable and Small Fruit Horticulture, GCREC, IFAS, University of Florida.
Dr. Bielinski M. Santos
Associate Professor of Horticulture
Vegetable and Small Fruit Horticultural Program.
Gulf Coast Research and Education Center, IFAS, University of Florida
14625 CR 672, Wimauma, FL 33598, USA
Phone: 813-633-4128; Cell: 813-468-6322