Probing Phosphorus Losses from Midwestern Crop Fields
USDA scientists are monitoring phosphorus in surface runoff and tile drainage from farm fields. (01/28)
Infrared-Based Peeling of Tomatoes May Improve Precision, Save Water
A new infrared technique for removing the peels of Roma tomatoes before canning is mostly waterless. (01/29)
A New 'Gem' of a Pear Released by ARS, Cooperators
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and collaborators released Gem, a new pear cultivar, which is resistant to fire blight disease. (01/30)
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128
NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news
Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486