USDA Agricultural Research Service
December 9, 2011
USDA scientists are showing Arizona cotton growers how to reduce their dependence on broad-spectrum insecticides by controlling sweetpotato whiteflies with greener alternatives. (12/6) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111206.htm
Scientists named to Hall of Fame:
Three researchers have been named to the ARS Science Hall of Fame for their discoveries that streamlined and maximized irrigation management, identified and characterized key parasites infecting the water and food supply, and enhanced the environmental sustainability of agricultural production in the face of global climate change. (12/7) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111207.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486