Web links to stories issued April 2-6, 2012 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
April 6, 2012
In work that could cut back on insecticide use, USDA scientists have found a way to distinguish aphids that spread plant viruses from those that do not. (4/2) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120402.htm
Shedding light on viruses:
Diagnostic tests that rapidly detect disease-causing viruses in animals and humans are being developed by USDA scientists using a new technology called "surface-enhanced Raman scattering," or SERS. (4/6) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120406.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486