New Begonia Lines both Beautiful and Sturdy
Two new begonia germplasm lines developed by USDA scientists and their collaborators are now available for use in breeding elite varieties of the ornamental crop. (05/12)
Bee Survey: Lower Winter Losses, Higher Summer Losses, Increased Total Annual Losses
Losses of managed honey bee colonies were 23.1 percent for the 2014-2015 winter but summer losses exceeded winter numbers for the first time. (05/13)
16 New Lettuce Breeding Lines from ARS
USDA scientists in California have developed 16 new lettuce breeding lines. (05/14)
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128
NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news
Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486