Web links to stories issued May 18-29, 2015
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
May 29, 2015
Lowering Risk of a Major Eye Disease
Major U.S. dietary patterns are associated with the risk of developing an age-related eye disease, according to a study funded in part by the USDA and ARS. (05/19)
How to Lure a Pest of Pistachio, Almond and Walnut
A USDA entomologist in California is helping growers evaluate a new lure designed to monitor for infestations of navel orangeworms. (05/26)
Natural Enzyme Examined as Antibiotics Alternative
Lysozyme, a naturally occurring antimicrobial enzyme, is used in food and beverage applications and may also prove useful as an antibiotic alternative for improved feed efficiency and growth in pigs, according to USDA scientists. (05/28)
Smart Phone Apps Series to Help Maximize Land’s Productivity, Protect Resources
A suite of mobile phone applications ("apps") that, once all are released, will connect agricultural producers around the world and provide them with shared knowledge on ways to maximize the land’s productivity. (05/29)
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128
NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news
Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486