Web links to stories issued May 31-June 3, 2011 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
June 3, 2011
Blueberry's Effects on Cholesterol Examined:
Laboratory hamsters that were fed rations spiked with blueberry peels and other blueberry-juice-processing leftovers had better cholesterol health than hamsters whose rations weren't enhanced with blueberries, an ARS study showed. (5/31) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110531.htm
With Feedlot Manure, It Pays to Be Precise:
The same precision farming techniques that work with crops can work with manure management on cattle feedlots, ARS scientists report. (6/2) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110602.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486