Web links to stories issued February 17-21, 2014 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
February 21, 2014
Identifying key soybean genes:
USDA researchers in Beltsville, Md. have developed a new tool to search for soybean genes that will make soybean plants more productive and better able to resist pests and diseases. (2/18) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140218.htm
Carbon sequestration and bioenergy:
USDA scientists are providing information about the soil carbon dynamics that play a crucial role in lifecycle assessments of bioenergy production. Retaining carbon in the soil-called carbon sequestration-significantly affects soil fertility and greenhouse gas emissions, so it has a major impact on the long-term sustainability of bioenergy crop production. (2/20) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140220.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486