Web links to stories issued February 24-28, 2014 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
February 28, 2014
Puree-making process goes international:
A puree-making process patented by USDA and cooperators has gone international with patents issued in the United States and now also in China, New Zealand and Australia. The process makes sweet vegetable purees that can be used to replace sugar, fats and oils in a variety of baked goods and other products. (2/24) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140224.htm
Investigating baby's bone health:
Does obesity during pregnancy impact the baby's chances of developing strong, healthy bones? No one knows for certain, but ongoing USDA-funded studies at the Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center in Little Rock are helping to provide clues. (2/27) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140227.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486