Tuesday, June 16, 2015

FFA Agri-science Project

My name is Kelly Irvine and I am a member of the Buffalo FFA My family has a beef production operation in West Virginia. I am currently working on an Agri-science Fair Project in which I am researching how farmers/ranchers obtain the land used for their agricultural operations.  I chose this topic because land is essential for agriculture and I am concerned that many persons are not choosing to engage in agricultural production because of difficulties obtaining suitable land. I am particularly interested in determining if most agricultural land is owned or rented, as well as determining if the ability to inherit land plays a significant role in a person's decision to pursue agricultural production.

 

My project recently received first place at the WV FFA Agri-science fair and I am now preparing to compete at the national level. I currently have over 500 responses from all 50 states, but would like to gather as much data as possible.

 

If you are engaged in agricultural production I would greatly appreciate you taking a few moments out of your busy schedule to complete and return the attached survey. If not, please forward the survey to others that would be interested in participating.  I assure you that the information you provide will only be used in aggregate in my FFA project and will not be shared with any other programs or agencies.

 

You will find the survey attached as a word document and can return it electronically or by US mail to the addresses listed below by July 1st.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

 

 

 Thank You!

 

 

 

      

         Kelly Irvine        

         671 Melton Rd

         Poca, WV  25159

         kelly.irvine@buffalohighwv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! Please use common sense and good judgement. Comments will be moderated if necessary.