Growth in the number of food businesses is increasing the demand for commercial kitchen space. Ashley Colpaart, a doctoral candidate at Colorado State University (CSU) is conducting research on commercial kitchens and food businesses to identify challenges and opportunities around commercial kitchen use. Your participation in this survey will provide us with valuable feedback to identify future opportunities for increasing access to kitchens.
The two surveys are aimed at:
1. Commercial kitchen owners/managers that rent or are interested in renting space in the future. These could be a:
· commissary (shared commercial rental)
· incubator or accelerator (provides business support)
· community (church, community center, food bank)
· institution (school, hospital, senior living)
· privately owned (restaurant, bakery)
2. Food Businesses defined by self-identified occupation and couple be a:
· personal chef
· food truck or push-cart owner
· food artisan or value-added producer
· food or beverage manufacturer
· cottage foods producer (home)
· educator or cooking instructor
This surveys should take 5-10 minutes each and your answers are anonymous. There are no known risks or benefits to participating in this survey. Participation is voluntary. Choosing to fill out the on-line survey implies consent. If you change your mind and decide not to participate, you may withdraw your consent at any time without consequence.
Should you have any questions about this survey, please contact Ashley Colpaart at Ashley@thefoodcorridor.com or Advisor Marisa Bunning at Marisa.Bunning@colostate.edu. If you have any questions about your rights as a volunteer in this research, contact the CSU IRB at RICRO_IRB@mail.colostate.edu; 970-491-1553.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Ashley Colpaart, MS RD
Department of Food Science & Human Nutrition
Colorado State University
Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act. -Albert Einstein