ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
September 23, 2016
Antibiotic Resistance Can Occur Naturally in Soil Bacteria
USDA scientists have found antibiotic-resistant bacteria in prairie soils that had little or no exposure to human or animal activity. (09/21)
Adequate Zinc Vital to Healthy Immune Response
In a study funded by the Agricultural Research Service, a group of older adults with relatively low blood zinc concentrations boosted their immune function by raising their zinc levels. (09/23)
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Office of Communications, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128
NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news
Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486