Please find below our job listing. It is attached as well.
Aquatic Spray Technician
Do you like working in the beautiful Florida outdoors? How about working with ATVs, watercraft and airboats in and around water? Tired of a formal corporate atmosphere or working weekends? Are you independently motivated and a creative problem solver?
If so, Aquatic Management Strategies may be the employer for you. We have been serving Central Florida for nearly 20 years, and are looking to hire a full-time aquatic spray technician. While we value experience, we are more than willing to train the right candidate. This position is year-round, and we can offer a competitive salary with paid time off.
Under general supervision you will be managing watershed and stormwater lakes, canals, wetlands and environmentally sensitive areas. This includes evaluating, selecting and applying the proper herbicides in compliance with current Florida state laws; performing routine maintenance and operational functions to residential, commercial and municipal stormwater systems; utilizing and maintaining a variety of vehicles and tools; performing routine data recording; plus related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify invasive, exotic and noxious aquatic vegetative species
• Mix and load herbicides and algaecides in proper ratios
• Apply, store and dispose of chemicals in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations
• Calculate the type and rate of application for herbicide treatments
• Prepare and maintain daily spray reports, field reports and time sheets
• Maintain powered spray equipment, backpack sprayers and hand-held spray equipment
• Adjust and calibrate spray equipment to insure proper distribution of herbicides
• Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical spray equipment, ATVs, watercraft and related equipment
• Operate and tow ATVs, outboard motorboats and air boats
• Observe standard operating procedures and best safety practices
• Offer innovative input to solve ongoing problems, and be able to troubleshoot on-the-spot
• Communicate clearly and professionally with other team members, clients and the general public
• Basic aquatic plant and animal species of Florida
• Best safety practices, including use of pesticides and herbicides, and recognizing routine occupational hazards
• ATV and watercraft operation utilizing best safety practices when operating or towing
• Spray equipment and calibration procedures
• Basic preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
• Utilizing basic math to measure a variety of chemicals or calculate acreage
• Operating and working around moving equipment, watercraft and tools
• Following best safety practices and recognizing hazards in the work environment
• Comprehend the applicable federal, state, and local policies regarding herbicides and chemicals
• Navigation, mapping and GPS for directional location throughout Central Florida
• Take dissolved oxygen readings with appropriate equipment
• Communicating effectively both orally and in writing
• Time-management to advance daily work schedules
Physical requirements and work environment:
This position performs skilled work involving heavy manual labor in the safe and appropriate application of various authorized herbicides for the control of noxious vegetation and aquatic plants, including moderate to heavy work in all types of weather, and in populated as well as remote areas and conditions such as semi-wilderness areas. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (greater than 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
• High school diploma or GED, and two (2) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience
• A State of Florida Pesticide/Herbicide License and Aquatic Certification is required, or the ability to obtain one within (90) days of employment
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com by April 30th.
Aquatic Management Strategies Inc.
2909 Old Winter Garden Road
Orlando FL, 32805