Web links to stories issued February 6-10, 2012 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
February 10, 2012
Mapping water use and drought:
Farmers and water managers may soon have an online tool to help them assess drought and irrigation impacts on water use and crop development, thanks to two USDA scientists. (2/7) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120207.htm
Fighting zebra chip:
Potato growers in the western United States and abroad now know the identities of the pathogen-insect duo responsible for outbreaks of the costly tuber disease known as "zebra chip." (2/9) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120209.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486