ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
May 2, 2014
Links eyed between fertilizers, greenhouse gases:
USDA researchers are learning more about the mechanics of how nitrogen fertilizers contribute to the development of greenhouse gases. (4/28) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140428.htm
New issue of Healthy Animals:
The latest issue of the ARS newsletter Healthy Animals focuses on research to help prevent and control avian influenza, which threatens the poultry industry worldwide. (4/29) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140429.htm
Battling a potato threat:
USDA scientists are leaving no stone unturned when it comes to finding new ways of managing "zebra chip" disease and the potato psyllid, the insect that can spread the disease to potato crops. (5/1) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140501.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486