USDA Agricultural Research Service
November 4, 2011
New rice varieties developed:
New rice varieties that offer new options for U.S. growers and expanded market opportunities for the U.S. rice industry have been developed by USDA scientists and cooperators. (10/31) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111031.htm
Breeding a new forage grass:
With the help of a USDA small business grant, a Wisconsin farmer-breeder has teamed up with a company in Oregon to create a now widely popular variety of conventional grass forage that is also probably the first certified organic festulolium in North America. (11/1) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111101.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486