ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
November 2, 2012
Protecting black raspberries from aphids:
There's good news for fans of black raspberries: A USDA scientist and his commercial colleague have found black raspberries that have resistance to a disease-spreading aphid. (10/31) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/121031.htm
Capturing ammonia from livestock waste:
Capturing and recycling ammonia from livestock waste is possible using a process developed by USDA researchers. This invention could help streamline on-farm nitrogen management by allowing farmers to reduce potentially harmful ammonia emissions and concentrate nitrogen in a liquid product to sell as fertilizer. (11/1) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/121101.htm
New issue of Healthy Animals:
ARS today posted a new issue of Healthy Animals, which compiles ARS news and expert resources on the health and well-being of agricultural livestock, poultry and fish. The current issue focuses on some of the techniques scientists are using to identify and control pathogens in poultry. (11/2) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/121102.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486