USDA Agricultural Research Service
April 29, 2011
Containing a voracious pest:
ARS researchers are playing a key role in efforts to contain the emerald ash borer's destructive march through the nation's forests. (4/26) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110426.htm
Fighting a fungal foe:
ARS scientists and colleagues in Russia are teaming up to stop a fungus that can attack almonds, pistachios and other tree nuts. (4/28) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110428.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486