Web links to stories issued May 16-20, 2011 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
May 20, 2011
Mitigating mummy berry disease:
ARS scientists and cooperators are studying blueberry varieties to find out which ones resist the fungus Monilinia vaccinii-corymbosi, which causes "mummy berry" disease. (5/17) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110517.htm
Cattle feed ingredient scrutinized:
ARS researchers are investigating the relation between use of a feed ingredient called "wet distiller's grains with solubles" and the incidence and persistence of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in cattle manure and on the animals' hides. (5/19) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110519.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486