USDA Agricultural Research Service
January 27, 2012
Finding new forages for rangeland cattle:
Cattle that graze on rangelands in the western United States may soon have a new forage option, thanks to work by an Agricultural Research Service (ARS) scientist. (1/24) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120124.htm
USDA unveils new Plant Hardiness Zone Map:
USDA this week released the new version of its Plant Hardiness Zone Map, updating this useful tool for gardeners and researchers for the first time since 1990, and the new map-jointly developed by the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) and Oregon State University's PRISM Climate Group-is available online at www.planthardiness.ars.usda.gov. (1/25) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120125.htm
New issue of Healthy Animals now online:
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) this week posted a new issue of Healthy Animals, its quarterly online newsletter that compiles ARS news and expert resources on the health and well-being of agricultural livestock, poultry and fish. (1/26) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120126.htm
ARS issues Food and Nutrition Research Briefs:
Drinking soy milk rather than cow's milk or mother's milk can result in better bones, at least in piglets, according to findings reported in the latest issue of the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Food and Nutrition Research Briefs, now available online at http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/np/fnrb/fnrb0112.htm. (1/27) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120127.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486