Web links to stories issued January 23-27, 2012 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
January 27, 2012
New forage for rangeland cattle:
Cattle that graze on rangelands in the western United States may soon have a new forage option, thanks to work by a USDA scientist. (1/24) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120124.htm
New plant hardiness zone map released:
The USDA today released the new version of its Plant Hardiness Zone Map (PHZM), updating a useful tool for gardeners and researchers for the first time since 1990. (1/25) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120125.htm
Healthy animals report available:
ARS today posted a new issue of Healthy Animals, a quarterly online newsletter that compiles news and expert resources on the health and well-being of agricultural livestock, poultry and fish. (1/26) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120126.htm
New issue of food and nutrition briefs:
Drinking soy milk rather than cow's milk or mother's milk can result in better bones, at least in piglets, according to findings reported in the latest issue of the ARS Food and Nutrition Research Briefs. (1/27) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120127.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486