USDA Agricultural Research Service
March 18, 2011
Dairy farmer finds unusual forage grass:
Thanks to a farmer's report, an ARS grass breeder has rediscovered a long-forgotten forage grass called meadow fescue that seems just right for today's intensive rotational grazing. (3/15) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110315.htm
Alternatives eyed for methyl bromide:
ARS researchers trying to help Florida growers find a replacement for methyl bromide are studying an alternative soil treatment that uses molasses as one of its ingredients. (3/16) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110316.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486