USDA Agricultural Research Service
March 25, 2011
Sustaining water supplies in the desert:
ARS scientists are helping meet the water demands of a riparian desert region that is home to a national conservation area and a thriving military base. (3/22) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110322.htm
Listening to insects:
Using commercially available parts, ARS scientists and colleagues have developed a new automated system for detecting insects based on the peculiar sounds the insects make while moving. (3/23) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110323.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486