USDA Agricultural Research Service
April 22, 2011
Keeping shellfish safe:
Eating raw or undercooked mollusks may pose a safety hazard if they are harvested from waters polluted with pathogenic microbes, so ARS scientists are studying ways to enhance the food safety of these popular shellfish. (4/19) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110419.htm
Detecting plant pathogens:
A new procedure devised by ARS scientists and colleagues can improve polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based methods of detecting plant disease organisms. (4/21) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110421.htm
New issue of Healthy Animals:
ARS today posted a new issue of Healthy Animals, a quarterly online newsletter that compiles ARS news and expert resources on the health and well-being of agricultural livestock, poultry and fish. (4/22) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/110422.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486