Web links to stories issued August 13-17, 2012 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
August 17, 2012
A USDA scientist is working toward developing new herbicides by focusing on a molecular pathway that not only controls weeds, but could have helped shape our nation's history. (8/16) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120816.htm
Investigating cranberry polyphenols:
Cranberries are already known to be rich in fiber, and to provide vitamin C and potassium, both of which are essential nutrients. But the tart, colorful berries are also a source of beneficial compounds known as polyphenols, according to USDA studies. (8/17) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120817.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486