Web links to stories issued August 6-10, 2012 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
August 10, 2012
Library preserves USDA history:
A century of parasite research fills at least 100 boxes at the USDA National Agricultural Library (NAL) in Beltsville, Md. The documents are part of the U.S. National Animal Parasite Collection Records, which are one of the more than 200 collections that NAL holds safe, each documenting the history of a USDA program. (8/6) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120806.htm
Predicting meat tenderness and color:
A system designed by USDA scientists to predict superior beef tenderness is just as effective at predicting tenderness in pork and color stability in meat. The noninvasive tenderness prediction system was developed in the 1990s to identify U.S. Select beef carcasses with outstanding tenderness in the ribeye/strip loin muscle. The technology can be used without destroying any product from the carcass. (8/9) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2012/120809.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486