Web links to stories issued March 3-7, 2014 ___________________________________________
ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
March 7, 2014
Less costly avian influenza sampling method developed:
A number of poultry industry groups are using a less costly method to collect avian influenza virus samples, thanks to USDA scientists. Avian influenza is a foreign disease that infects poultry and other bird species. Viruses identified as highly pathogenic cause severe disease, killing more than 90 percent of infected birds. (3/3) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140303.htm
Researchers study avocado flavor:
What makes an avocado delicious? USDA and university scientists are collaborating in a series of studies to answer that question. Their focus is the popular Hass avocado, known for its smooth, buttery texture and rich, often nutty flavor. (3/6) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2014/140306.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as email@example.com.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486