ARS News Service
USDA Agricultural Research Service
July 17, 2015
Low Vitamin D Linked to Osteoarthritis in the Knee
USDA research shows that inadequate vitamin D intake may increase the risk of developing osteoarthritis in the knees (07/14)
Organic Seed Coating for Alfalfa Helps Prevent Some Soilborne Diseases
A new alfalfa seed coating, made from degraded volcanic rock, is highly effective against several soilborne plant pathogens. (07/16)
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.