This blog is for Polk County Florida small farms and pesticide applicators as a method of communication and sharing information. This blog is administered by the University of Florida IFAS Extension Polk County Extension Agent, Mary Beth Henry.
Monday, July 13, 2015
Hydroponic Veggies: Made in the Shade - Workshop Announcement
Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 5:00 - 8:30 pm
Suwannee Valley Agricultural Extension Center
8202 CR 417, Live Oak, FL 32060
This workshop is for farmers interested in learning about using open shade structures to extend their vegetable production season. the program will feature hands-on training in an actual operating shade production area and discuss a variety of topics such as:
- Hydroponic Systems for Summer Growing
- Shade Technology: Comparisons and Strategies
- Selecting Varieties for Shade Production
- A successful Lettuce crop for Summertime?
- Managing the Heat: Water, nutrients and problem pests, AND MORE!
Registration is $50 for Primary Participant & $25 for additional participants