Hope this finds you well. This upcoming PACKINGHOUSE HACCP program in Lake Alfred, FL may be of interest.
In addition to a discussion of current and proposed legislation, the latest research on produce safety and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMPs), the workshop will cover the elements of putting together a comprehensive food safety program. The hands on course will teach participants how to develop and document a food safety management program based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) for their specific operations. Breakout sessions are structured to teach participants how to identify and prevent food safety hazards, monitor hazard reduction procedures, develop control measures and methods to document and verify the results of their efforts.
The workshop, accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, is targeted to produce packers, to assist in the development and customization of food safety programs for their facilities, using a HACCP-based approach.
PACKINGHOUSE HACCP PROGRAM AGENDA
Wednesday, August 5th
- Introduction to Food Safety and the HACCP System
- Prerequisites to HACCP – GAPs, GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs
- Hazard nalysis (Principle 1)
- Identification of Critical Control Points (Principle 2)
- Establishment of Critical Limits (Principle 3)
- Critical Control Point Monitoring (Principle 4)
Thursday, August 6th
- Corrective Actions (Principle 5)
- Verification (Principle 6)
- Recordkeeping (Principle 7)
- Regulations – Food Safety Modernization Act
- HACCP Review
- HACCP Exam
- Michelle Danyluk Associate Professor, UF/IFAS CREC
- Renée Goodrich Schneider Professor, UF/IFAS FSHN
- Keith Schneider Professor, UF/IFAS FSHN
- Angela Valadez Produce Food Safety Coordinator, Corporate Quality Assurance, Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Kiley Harper-Larsen Business Development, PrimusLabs
Lake Alfred, FL is accessible from the Orlando or Tampa airports. You can access a map and more information about the center at www.crec.ifas.ufl.edu
The fee for the course is $400 for industry participants; additional participants from one facility/farm may register for a fee of $100. A reduced fee of $250 is available for government/academic employees who make prior arrangements.
Registration will be limited to the first 36 registrants.
Registration includes the course materials, two lunches, coffee breaks and certificate of completion.
Participation for the entire 2 days is required for the certificate.
Please see the attached brochure for additional details.
Enjoy your day,
Christian F. Miller
UF/IFAS Extension Agent
Vegetable & Fruit Crops
Palm Beach County Cooperative Extension
559 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33415