Here are some exciting upcoming workshops and ways in which you can help make your CISMA projects stronger:
· Your Invasive Grass Workshop is on its way for October! Here’s the flyer: http://www.floridainvasives.org/Heartland/invasive_grass_workshop_flyer_101911.pdf, and here’s where you should sign up soon (because it’s limited seating and folks from other CISMAs are also interested in attending): http://hcisma-grass-workshop101911.eventbrite.com/.
· Check out our new twitter page at @HeartlandCISMA thanks to Shannon McGee (already 25 followers!) and Help: send her items to tweet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Reminder about the November Forest Stewardship Workshop: Invasive ID and Control, with the flyer (http://www.floridainvasives.org/Heartland/invasive_plants_announcement_polk11.pdf) and sign-up (with limited seating also) at http://fsp-workshop111711.eventbrite.com/
· Help: email where you’ve shared the new snappy Early Detection Scavenger Hunt flyer (http://www.floridainvasives.org/Heartland/ED_Scavenger_Hunt_teaser_flyer.pdf ) developed by Shannon McGee and Debi Tharp to get the word out to get more reports about our top EDRR species.
· Help: share ideas for speakers and/or topics you’d like at the 2nd annual Central Florida Invasive Species Workshop for February. As a reminder, here’s last year’s agenda: http://www.floridainvasives.org/Heartland/links/2011CentralFloridaInvasiveWorkshopAgenda.pdf
· Help: Plan the aerial survey if you’d like to have data from one this February- it won’t happen without your help.
· Help: Create your CISMA’s work plan for 2012 to decide what you want from this group. Contact me for a meeting in November or December.
See you next Tuesday, Sept. 27th at the Lake Wales Ridge Ecosystem Working Group meeting at Archbold to hear more about:
· Argentine black and white tegus,
· the grid-based invasive monitoring system at Archbold and the state forest,
· and some other non-invasive topics ; )
· and get your Heartland CISMA EDRR weed decks!
(863) 604-3352 (Cell)
The Nature Conservancy