I wanted to send you a reminder of the upcoming DHS Certified Agroterrorism Course Series AWR-151 through AWR-156 being conducted in Fort Pierce, Florida beginning November 17, 2011 and running through February 10, 2012.
Please sign up as this Series will not be offered again soon.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is collaborating with the Western Institute for Food Safety and Security of UC Davis University of California and the Regional Domestic Security Task Forces to offer this series of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) certified agroterrorism awareness courses in Florida. The courses are open to all United States Citizens, and are free of charge (lunch not provided) through DHS grant funding.
All training will be conducted at the Indian River Research and Education Center, 2199 South Rock Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34945.
· Thursday, November 17, 2011 – AWR 151 Understanding the Dangers of Agroterrorism: Registration at 12:00 pm; Workshop from 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
· Friday, November 18, 2011 – AWR 152 Principles of Preparedness for Agroterrorism and Food Systems’ Disasters: Registration at 7:30 am; Workshop from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Thursday, December 15, 2011 – AWR 153 Principles of Detection and Diagnosis – Strategies and Technologies: Registration at 7:30 am; Workshop from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Friday, December 16, 2011 – AWR 154 Principles of National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) and Risk Communication: Registration at 7:30 am; Workshop from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Thursday, February 9, 2012 – AWR 155 Principles of Frontline Response to Agroterrorism and Food Systems’ Disasters: Registration at 7:30 am; Workshop from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Friday, February 10, 2012 – AWR 156 Principles of Planning and Implementing Recovery: Registration at 7:30 am; Workshop from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
To find additional information about each course and to register on-site please visit http://dhs.wifss.ucdavis.edu/agroterrorism/classes/classesbydate.php
If you have any questions please contact John Burkette at (850) 245-1387 or email John.Burkette@freshfromflorida.com
John P. Terry
Office of Agricultural Emergency Preparedness
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Office: (850) 245-1388
Prepare, see clearly and act decisively.