USDA Agricultural Research Service
October 14, 2011
Searching for science:
The National Agricultural Library is helping people around the world get better access to scientific agricultural information by contributing to WorldWideScience.org, an Internet portal that searches key science websites from more than 70 countries. (10/11) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111011.htm
New issue of Healthy Animals:
ARS today posted a new issue of Healthy Animals, a quarterly online newsletter that compiles news on the health and well-being of agricultural livestock, poultry and fish. (10/12) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111012.htm
Research by USDA scientists shows that, after years of breeding, new varieties of broccoli have retained their levels of beneficial minerals such as calcium, copper and iron. (10/13) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111013.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486