USDA Agricultural Research Service
October 28, 2011
USDA scientists have identified a number of stem-rust-resistant wheat varieties and are retesting them to verify their potential to ward off a disease that can cause major losses if left unchecked. (10/24) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111024.htm
Managing plant germplasm:
A free, user-friendly online database system for managing the world's plant genebanks will be launched this year, thanks to a partnership between USDA and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. (10/26) http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2011/111026.htm
Newslink is the weekly e-mail pointer for web links to stories issued by the Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Send feedback and questions to the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov
* You are subscribed to "Newslink" as firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To change the address, please notify the ARS News Service at NewsService@ars.usda.gov.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank email to email@example.com.
* Other ARS news products are available by e-mail. For details about them or to subscribe, please contact the ARS News Service or visit http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/lists.htm.
ARS News Service, Information Staff, Agricultural Research Service
5601 Sunnyside Ave., Room 1-2251, Beltsville MD 20705-5128 NewsService@ars.usda.gov | www.ars.usda.gov/news Phone (301) 504-1636 | fax (301) 504-1486